I.4 Notes for Windows platforms
- Need to add support for processors other than the Intel 80x86. However, about
99% of Windows platforms run on this processor family — does anyone really use
Windows with other processors? Also finish MinGW support for building with the
GNU C compiler but using the Microsoft C library, and also Cygwin support,
although this is effectively mpatrol built with -DTARGET=TARGET_UNIX
on Windows platforms.
- Perhaps add support for compiling the mpatrol library with gcc on
Windows platforms so that the GNU BFD library can be used as well.
- There seems to be a problem when mixing the archive version of the mpatrol
library and the Microsoft C run-time library DLL, and vice versa. This needs
to be looked into, but for the moment, don't mix them.
- The library cannot currently read any symbols from DLLs that have been read via
- There seems to be a disparity between different versions of the imagehlp
library. It would appear that the latest incarnation of the imagehlp library
has had some functions removed and placed in a new library called debughlp.
Perhaps this simply means that debughlp.lib needs to be linked in as
well, but maybe there's more to it than that.
- Perhaps add support for the mpatrol command's --dynamic
option by preloading the mpatrol DLL from the mpatrol command.
- Could add support for the EDIT and LIST options. This would
probably involve finding a way to invoke a batch file without having to search
for the batch file or allocating memory in the process.
- Add GUI support for the mptrace command.
- Add a Windows resource file to the mpatrol library with copyright and version
- Perhaps add an InstallShield installation script with icons.